- Information Collection. We may collect personal information including your name, address, email address, telephone or mobile number, user name and password, geolocation information, and, if you make a purchase on the Platform, your payment information, as well as non-personal information about your use of the Platform.
- Information Use. We may use the information we collect from and about you for purposes including to provide you with Platform services, provide you with targeted offers and advertising on our site, other sites you may visit, and through other channels such as email, postal mail, or text message, and contact you when necessary.
- Information Sharing. We may share the information we collect from and about you with our service providers, when necessary to protect our rights or comply with judicial process, and in aggregate or non-personally identifiable form.
Note: You must be 18 years or older to register as a customer of Root Source.
- Information You Provide to Us
Root Source collects information from you when you choose to provide it to us. This may include when you use our Platform, create an account on the Platform, make a purchase, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email lists, complete online forms, participate in contests or surveys, or otherwise contact us.
The personal information we collect may include your name, address, zip code, email address, telephone or mobile number, user name and password, and geolocation information. You may be required to provide certain personal information to access or use certain portions of the Platform. We may also collect personal information you provide us about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone else.
You may also be required to provide certain personal information to create your Root Source account. If you use a third-party login to create your Root Source account (such as Facebook Connect) or otherwise link to us, we may receive certain information about you from the third party (such as a social network) based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party services.
- Information We Automatically Collect
We also may collect information about your use of the Platform including the date and time you access the Platform, the areas or pages of the Platform that you visit, the amount of time you spend using the Platform, the number of times you return, broad demographic information, whether you open forward or click-through emails and ads, and other Platform usage data.
- Tracking Options
Certain parts of our Platform require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Platform or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Check the “Help” menu of your browser, device, or operating system for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
- Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social networks that you use to connect with Root Source. This information may include name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. We may combine this information with the information we collect from and about you to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Platform.
Root Source may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries or requests, process and fill customer orders, verify your qualifications for certain products and services, process payments and prevent transactional fraud, provide delivery and other notifications, and contact and communicate with you;
- To develop new products or services and to conduct analysis to enhance current products and services;
- To provide you with customized Platform content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Platform, on other third-party sites or apps you may visit, or via email;
- We may contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Root Source through various channels including but not limited to online, email, postal mail, and text message;
- To contact you when necessary;
- To review the usage and operations of our Platform, improve our content, products, and services, or address problems with the Platform or our business;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To manage our telecommunications networks;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Platform and our business; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
Further, Root Source may share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
Root Source may contract with third parties to perform functions related to the Platform (“Service Providers”). Service Providers will have access to your information needed to perform their business functions, but may not use or share that information for other purposes.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Platform visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To update your account and payment information stored by Root Source, you may sign in to “Your Account” on the Platform and update your personal information. In addition, if any of your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire to use our service, we can correct, update, or remove the personal information provided to us. This can be done by sending an e-mail with your new information to email@example.com, and specifying the information to be corrected, updated, or removed. Please do not send credit or debit card information by email.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
REVISIONS TO THIS POLICY